John

Default Starrett Repairs?

Typically cheaper to repair than to buy a new replacement Starrett, as
NEW Starretts are pricey

John

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 00:30:38 GMT, Paul Hofnagel
wrote:

Okay folks,

I need a bit of advice. My ever generous mother in law bought me a
Starrett Dial Caliper for Christmas. Yesterday, said caliper got
caught in a slide of other crap from my workbench to the concrete
floor. It flew out of its case and has ceased to function.

I've disassembled/ re-assembled most of the mechanism but it refuses
to open once re-assembled. If I could get behind the dial I suspect I
could make the adjustments to get it working again.

Here's the question. I see that Starrett will take in their tools for
repair. Is it more cost effective to send it in for repairs or to
simply purchase a new one?

Any thoughts?