Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default B&Q Homefit

On Sun, 18 Aug 2013 09:37:02 +0100, Mike Clarke wrote:

Dave Liquorice wrote:

But presumably is flat rate fee so the simple minded can measure the
wall and work out the cost based on £39/m^2. Oh hang on, problem with
that, the simple minded would have trouple with the maths.

Like the customer I saw who showed an assistant a measuring tape he was
looking at and asked which numbers were centimetres and which were inches.

FFS! - I knew about that sort of thing at primary school about 60 years ago.

What I hate is the typical clock/thermometer having C or F by the
temperature at the expense of the decimal place - I FW know which it is! If
it were 23F in here...!
The mantissa is useful for trends only, as the precision far outstrips the
accuracy. I use a calibrated Hg-in-glass job to check the others and then
note the error on the clock.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away