Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Environova Environova is offline

Default does a diebold R-5425 data-safe have asbestos

replying to Ignoramus4354 , Environova wrote:
ignoramus4354 wrote:

Let me know what you find out, I also have a diebold data safe that I
mean to offer for sale.
I believe that they all use drywall type material instead of
asbestos. Drywall gypsum has better heat resistance, because it can
absorb a lot of heat while thermally disintegrating. It does not
really need asbestos.

I finally found a phone number that works. Diebold says (according to
their legal department) they never knowingly used asbestos in their
products, but if your going to scrap the item, proceed as if asbestos is
present.

--
posted from
http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...os-581044-.htm