Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus4354 Ignoramus4354 is offline

Default does a diebold R-5425 data-safe have asbestos

On 2013-08-01, Environova wrote:
replying to Paul Drahn , Environova wrote:
pdrahn wrote:

So, say there is asbestos. What happens if you are wrong and there is
not asbestos?
Paul

Nothing happens other than excessive disposal cost - unless the unit is
resold for use, then there is no problem whatsoever. If, however, it goes
the other way(saying there's none and there really is some), then there
could be significant fines and jail time if someone opens the walls and
gets exposed.

Let me know what you find out, I also have a diebold data safe that I
mean to offer for sale.

I believe that they all use drywall type material instead of
asbestos. Drywall gypsum has better heat resistance, because it can
absorb a lot of heat while thermally disintegrating. It does not
really need asbestos.