Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Transmix utility mixer...

On 7/23/2013 6:02 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 7/20/13 12:25 PM, dpb wrote:

Anybody got an old 6.70x15 tire that'll hold air they want to donate for
the drive tire? I've had no luck so far in town finding anything in
15" that isn't too wide to go on the rim. Unfortunately, the rim is
welded to the drum so swapping to something more currently easy to find
isn't really an option...

There is a new three point mounted mixer for sale on Ebay. I found a
couple more doing a search. Prices ran from about $900 to double that if
I remember correctly.
Ebay has some of those tires also. $$$

I figured somebody had to be making something; just hadn't looked.

I did do a little looking on tires but all one needs is a junker only
good enough to hold air...I haven't yet gone out to the salvage yard
here to see about pulling one off an old '55 Ford or the like...

Certainly there's no need for anything even resembling anything good
enough to put on an actual vehicle...I'm not sure; I've not tried it
either, it's possible the remnants of the one still on it might hold
altho it's pretty frayed and I figure will probably fail. Didn't think
ahead 40 yr ago and save a couple used tires off the school cars in the
shed--have many of various sizes/types (mostly larger truck and/or
implement or front tractor) but not one of these.