Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] dennisgauge@gmail.com is offline

Default neighbor's fence partially on my property

On Monday, July 8, 2013 12:24:29 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Monday, July 8, 2013 11:26:10 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Email is still not a primary business correspondence on things of importance. You need to pay the contractor a physical visit, or call him on the phone and talk with him personally.

I would disagree. Today email is a primary means of business communications.
And unlike a visit or a phone call, you have proof of what you sent, what
their reply was. If you wind up in court, that is good evidence. With a
call or conversation, there is no proof of who said what.

It is *A* means of business communication, not the primary means though.

It's so easy to send emails that your "important" email gets lost in the dozens of other "important" emails everyone else is sending.

The email is proof you made contact. You still need to follow up with a phone call, to make sure they read the email and understood it.

At work, management gets so many emails in a day it's not humanly possible to read them all, so they don't. "I sent you an email" is not an excuse when they're not aware of some issue that goes up the food chain to the executives.

So, you email, follow up with a phone call, and in some cases, a physical visit to the manager's office.

If they ignore emails, for something where I want to put them on notice,
I'd send a registered letter.