Posted to alt.home.repair

Default neighbor's fence partially on my property

On Monday, July 8, 2013 11:26:10 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Monday, June 24, 2013 1:29:14 PM UTC-4, Don Wiss wrote:

I just e-mailed the contractor. I had been trying to not rub him the wrong

way. He has some capabilities that not all contractors have. I have been

hoping to hire him for projects at my house. This e-mail may burn my

bridges with him.

Jeezus Kee-rist, email is NOT the way to handle this. Everybody is so damned timid and shy, afraid of human contact.

Email is still not a primary business correspondence on things of importance. You need to pay the contractor a physical visit, or call him on the phone and talk with him personally.

I would disagree. Today email is a primary means of business communications.
And unlike a visit or a phone call, you have proof of what you sent, what
their reply was. If you wind up in court, that is good evidence. With a
call or conversation, there is no proof of who said what.

If they ignore emails, for something where I want to put them on notice,
I'd send a registered letter.