Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default neighbor's fence partially on my property

On Mon, 24 Jun 2013 22:59:30 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Check your local regulations. Some say the good side must face the
outside of the yard. It may not apply on a property line, but does on
the outside by a sidewalk.

Yes, that fence is pretty ugly. Even if it were int he right place.

NY State and NYC have been around for a long time and have a lot of
people, and they usually have good law on most subjects

Unlike Md. which is low in population and was even lower for a long
time and doesn't even have case law on many things.

In any case, it sounds like your neighbor is self centered and does
not give a damn about you or your property line.

Or thoughtless. He certainly deserves a chance to know what is going
on. A visit without leaving a note is no visit at all. He should
leave a note taped to the door (it can be done so that no one can read
it unless they really try. , another one in the mailbox. , send a
letter, and send a certified letter with return receipt.

I know this n'hood. For 12 years I lived 2 miles away. It's a v.
nice n'hood, not cheap at all, and everyone probably has some idea of
what the law requires.