Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_7_] Jon Danniken[_7_] is offline

Default down with scrolling (as opposed to "scrolling down")

On 06/30/2013 11:29 PM, ChairMan wrote:

I don't understand why so many tolerate google with the
recent events.
There are many free news servers to use, but folks don't use
'em.
I'm not sure they can do much about the way google formats
their post, but then I don't know much about what options if
any they give you.
I much prefer a NNTP server over web based anyday

I think it's like anything, really; once a person becomes accustomed to
something it becomes ingrained, and more difficult to change. Then
there are also some people who might use, say, a work computer, or
someone else's computer, so for them having a consistent HTML interface
makes sense.

My guess is that those users either don't know what they are doing,
because google hides all of the quoted content behind a "Show quoted
text" link, or they just don't care. Perhaps we should remind them
about etiquette more often, as those who came before us were more wont
to do.

Unfortunately, google doesn't care about usenet, and from their behavior
since taking over deja, most likely would prefer that it went away
entirely. Otherwise they might put up a prompt stating, "Your message
is quoting a lot of lines, are you sure about that?", among numerous
other things.

Jon