Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Wiss Don Wiss is offline

Default neighbor's fence partially on my property

On Sun, 30 Jun 2013 06:12:53 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

You must like letting people walk all over you. I for one,
don't. It's not just the 1.5", it's the principle of not
letting some skunk take advantage of you. Who is that neighbor
to decide what part of my property is or is not important? And
what's the big deal with him and/or his contractor eating it
and paying to move 40 ft of fence? Good grief...

To put things in perspective. The back side neighbor's property is 21'
wide. It is a rare one that is more than the standard 20'. On my block most
don't even have 20'. There are a bunch of 18' and inches, some 18', four
that are 16.25' and one that is 12.5' wide.

My back yard is 20' x 29' 5-3/4".

Land here is worth about $800/sq ft. Maybe more. There are no empty plots.
It makes it hard to apportion between land and house value.