Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Wiss Don Wiss is offline

Default neighbor's fence partially on my property

On Fri, 28 Jun 2013, DerbyDad03 wrote:

If, in fact, the contractor installed the fence 1 1/2" (later reduced, by
Don, to 1 1/4") in order to clear the aforementioned pole, then there was
no "mistake". The fence was intentionally installed on his property.

I recruited someone and with my new 30' tape measure I took two
measurements. At one spot it is 2" over. At another spot it was 1-1/2" to
1-3/4" over. If there is a bow in the tape you can't get an accurate
measurement.

It appears to not be straight. In addition to the pole, they also had to
clear a silver maple that is in their yard, but not behind my yard.