Posted to alt.home.repair
Wes Groleau Wes Groleau is offline

Default neighbor's fence partially on my property

On 06-27-2013 16:34, wrote:
Judges follow the law.

Having been in court several times, I can say, "Not necessarily."

When the lease had the usual clause about tenant paying collection
costs, lawyer fees, etc., The judge made them pay the skipped rent.
interest and fees were omitted. Never got the rent either. Lawyer
offered to go after that for MORE fees.

Even worse, a judge in a HOA dispute said that although he was
"concerned about the clear violation of covenants" he was going
to rule for the defendent because the paperwork ruling for the plaintiff
would take too long.

I asked the plaintiff's lawyer, "Did he just say ON THE RECORD
that he doesn't intend to do his job?"

Lawyer shrugged and said, "Yeah, but what can you do?"

--
Wes Groleau

Change is inevitable.
Liberals need to learn that inevitable" is not a synonym for good."
Conservatives should learn that inevitable" is not a synonym for bad.