Posted to alt.home.repair
TomR[_5_] TomR[_5_] is offline

Default neighbor's fence partially on my property

"Don Wiss" wrote in message
On Wed, 26 Jun 2013 17:28:07 -0400, "TomR" wrote:

Overall, I think you're all set for now, and you can just go with the
simplest plan -- connect your new short section of back fence to the end
of
theirs, consider their hokey fence a free gift, put up the trellis along
the
back that you are thinking of adding (a good idea; why didn't I think of
that?), and focus on collecting the rent and moving on to the next
investment property.

This is my home. These old houses are big. What is commonly done here is
rent out the ground level -- the garden apartment -- and live in the upper
triplex. Some of the people now moving in are so rich that they want all
floors for themselves, like the fellow behind me that converted the house
from a 4-family to a 1-family.

I don't want any more investment properties. I don't need to complicate
things. Real estate taxes here are quite reasonable. With no mortgage, no
car, no family, no second house, no boat, and no country club membership,
can live quite modestly.

Okay, that makes sense.

But, it does seem like you have a workable plan regarding the whole fence
issue.