Posted to alt.home.repair

Default neighbor's fence partially on my property

On Tuesday, June 25, 2013 2:24:51 PM UTC-4, Don Wiss wrote:
On Tue, 25 Jun 2013 05:59:38 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

But as I have noted elsewhere, it is the

contractor and architect that did this.

Again, with the architect and contractor. How do you even

know who exactly did what?

I know the contractor. I know the architect. He is also my architect. And

the contractor is supposed to be my contractor, but doubtful after this. I

know all about the project going on behind me.

You may think you know all about what's going on, but apparently
not. Did you see a plan from the architect that says to put
the fence on your property? If I had to guess, if the architect
called out where to put the fence, he probably showed putting it
exactly on the owner's property. The fence installer saw the
telephone pole, realized that they could avoid it if the fence
was just 1.5" over, figured no one would notice or care, and went and did
it. Now, if you start calling up the architect, the contractor,
do you think either one is going to take your calls and start
discussing with you what did or did not happen? You're not
paying them. If I were either of them, I wouldn't talk to you.

Also, if that architect called out putting up a fence and then
using it as a retaining wall for 2 ft of earth, he must be nuts.
Among obvious flaws, that wood is going to rot. And the fence
may just fall over from the force on it. What does your code
officials say about that?

The way you're proceeding is almost as bad as what they did to begin
with. How would you like it if you're paying an architect and contractors and then the neighbor next door starts engaging with them about what they are or aren't doing, instead of you? If you did that with me, I'd be ****ed off. This is bizarre, why you refuse to talk to the owner.

How do you know the architect was

aware they were putting a fence on your property?

He may not. But he is supervising the contractor and he designed the fence.

And in the end, you beef, your claim, your course of
action is with the PROPERTY OWNER.