Posted to alt.home.repair
Wes Groleau Wes Groleau is offline

Default property encroachments

On 06-24-2013 20:14, wrote:
You're right here. In most locations you can cut tree limbs that overhang
onto your property back to the property line without any justification.
You don't see it done much because usually it's not an issue.

We had a neighbor once who complained about the "unsightliness" of the
children's toys she saw in our backyard when she looked over the fence.

When we ignored her, she trimmed our evergreen precisely on the property
line. The funny thing is, the result was a big ugly hole in the tree
that could only be seen from her property. Didn't bother us one bit. :-)

--
Wes Groleau

A bureaucrat is someone who cuts red tape lengthwise.