Posted to alt.home.repair
Unquestionably Confused Unquestionably Confused is offline

Default neighbor's fence partially on my property

On 6/24/2013 10:08 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Mon, 24 Jun 2013 15:01:20 -0500, Unquestionably Confused
wrote:

Methinks that you can turn this into a very expensive battle for your
neighbor and it won't cost you much as the building/zoning department
will take the lead on it. I'm also guessing he did this without a
permit - said permitting inspection would have prevented this in the
first place.

What inspection? Not every permit required an inspection. I have two
permits and never had anyone even drive down my street. They just
take your money for a roof, shed, some other smallish items.

True enough, but... When you apply for the permit, they require a
description of the work to be done and, in turn, tell you the applicable
rules and regs - or should. Regardless, if he was required to obtain a
permit and didn't he is screwed. If he did obtain the permit but failed
to build the fence in the proper manner and location, he is screwed. IF
there are laws/rules/regulations in the city (and now that we know where
he lives, you can bet your sweet ass there are a ton of them) the
building & zoning department will take the lead and make the fence
building neighbor put it right.