Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default neighbor's fence partially on my property

On Mon, 24 Jun 2013 10:56:44 -0400, Don Wiss
wrote:

The back yard neighbor has put up a fence that is 1 1/2" on my property.
They have a survey. I also have a survey from the same surveyor. I showed
them where the line was. But they went ahead and did this in order to have
the entire top fit behind a phone pole that is on their property. Had they
not faced the good side towards themselves, it would not have been an
issue.

Check your local regulations. Some say the good side must face the
outside of the yard. It may not apply on a property line, but does on
the outside by a sidewalk.

In any case, it sounds like your neighbor is self centered and does
not give a damn about you or your property line.