Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default neighbor's fence partially on my property

"Ashton Crusher" wrote in message

I've never heard of that "ordinance" . If I'm building a fence I'm
certainly not going to put the good side for my neighbor to enjoy
while I look at the bad side. But I'm out in the west. Knowing how
the eastern states tend to be Nanny states I would not be at all
surprised if such a silly ordinance existed back east.

If there is such a law then shouldn't there be a law that requires you
to build your house in a style and color that satisfy's your neighbors
taste? After all, they have to look at your house too. Should they
get to approve your shingles? If you park your cars near the property
line should you be required to park the best looking car on the side
closest to their property?

Some people want the 'good' side facing out so their house will look beter
from the road.
There are all kinds of housing rules and regulations in some areas.
Historic districs can tell you what color to paint your house and even which
bushes to plant. That is why I have asked bout that in any area that I have
bought a house. The only rules where I buy a house apply to the whole
county.