Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Wiss Don Wiss is offline

Default neighbor's fence partially on my property

On Mon, 24 Jun 2013 13:10:51 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 24 Jun 2013 12:58:51 -0400, Don Wiss wrote:

There is no need for a permit for a fence 6' or less. This is 7'. The
height is illegal, as he did not file for a permit.

Talk to the neighbor, express your concerns. If he tells you to go
**** yourself, call code enforcement and ask them to enforce the code.
They have the power to make him move the fence or face fines.

There is no question that I can have him get in trouble for having the
fence too high. But I am not aware of any building code that says the city
will step in if the fence if over the line. But maybe there is.

I just e-mailed the contractor. I had been trying to not rub him the wrong
way. He has some capabilities that not all contractors have. I have been
hoping to hire him for projects at my house. This e-mail may burn my
bridges with him.

Don.
www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).