Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Etiquette on FS announcements on the WREC?

Ivan Vegvary wrote in news:fb71d71f-a7e0-4751-
:

I've never found dust useful. Others might feel differently.

It's got its uses, but they're few and far between.

Alton Brown used hardwood sawdust to produce smoke for smoking fish, I
believe.

Sawdust absorbs liquids, so can be good for cleaning some spills.

Mix it with glue and you can make a wood filler.

Throw a handful into a fire and boom instant "fireworks". Steam engine
owners will sometimes throw sawdust in the firebox of their engines and
create a spark show.

It doesn't take a whole lot to do any of these things, way more than the
average working shop generates. Therefore, I make the following offer:
Free Sawdust! You pick up.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.