Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Very poor electros ...

"Phil Allison" wrote in message

"Jeff Liebermann = IDIOT "
"Phil Allison"

"Jeff Liebermann = FOOL "
"Arfa Daily"

Anyway, I started to measure them all, and every single one, in both
channels, is either high ESR or completely open. Over 20 caps in all.

Most likely they are all counterfeit parts.

** Utter horse manure.

... Phil

Fake Panasonic caps:

** FFS you TENTH WITTED JERK OFF !!!

Fake caps exist, but AD's are NOT likely to be examples.

The values are too low, for a start.

... Phil

Yes, I don't think it is because they are fakes. They are made by a company
called Eurocap. I have never heard of them before. The amp is actually quite
old, so I guess you could argue that they had reached the end of their
specced life. However, looking again at it today, it's one of those designs
where the entire case is a diecast heatsink, and there are no ventilation
slots at all. I suppose that the interior probably heats up quite a bit when
the amp is doing some work, and it is this that has led to the demise of all
the caps.

I did the replacement today, and ran the ESR meter over them all again out
of circuit. The 2.2 u's were fairly consistent at around 16 ohms. The new
replacements were about 1.5 ohms. Not one of the 10u's and 22u's was less
than 60 ohms, and several were completely open.

Once they had all been replaced, both channels had identical output, and the
sine wave I put in it now came out totally clean.

Arfa