Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave Platt Dave Platt is offline

Default Very poor electros ...

In article ,
Arfa Daily wrote:

Most of them are not located near to hot-running
components, so I'm at a bit of a loss to explain how that many caps all go
bad.

Could they date to the "stolen partial electrolyte formula" era? My
recollection is that caps made with the defective electrolyte tend to
start going gnaester-upwards after a few thousand hours with power
applied... I don't recall heat being a requirement for the failure to
occur.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO