Posted to alt.home.repair
Attila Iskander Attila Iskander is offline

Default Replace leathers on a pitcher hand pump

" wrote in
message ...
I need to replace the leathers on a pitcher hand pump.
# Does anyone know if you have to soak the leather before
# you install them? If so how long and in what?

Soak in water for a couple of hours to a day so that they are supple

# I have heard that if they are properly installed they will last for
years,
# otherwise you are lucky if they will last the season.

That depends on how much you use the pump
Since the leather flexes with ever stroke, more use = more wear

# But I have had a hard time finding out exactly how to prep
# the leathers before instillation.

No prep required for install
But easier if leather is supple
But you MUST soak before trying to use the pump