Posted to misc.legal,alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Time and a half for over 40 hours

On Sun, 07 Apr 2013 00:20:59 -0400, wrote:

Nothing mandatory about vacation at all. Why should it be? The
question whether any time accrued is paid upon termination. This is
certainly jurisdiction and custom dependant.

Most companies to have a policy where vacation is accrued during the
work year. Others though, do not and you get nothing if you leave
before July 1 or whenever shutdown for vacation is.

Why should anything be mandatory? Really, if you pay people enough
they can take care of the "benefits" as they see fit. Except that
most people don't have the willpower to save.

Some work schedules are other people dependent, such as an assembly
line or food service. Other people work independent of each other and
can be more flexible. I know a fellow that worked for a software
company. The rule was: you have to work 240 eight hour days a year.
This is what your pay will be every month.

My deal is even looser than that. I have no minimum time to work.