Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default To fix a gap between a chain link end post and a house or shed

Robert wrote:
replying to Puddin' Man, Robert wrote:
There is a patent pending Fence End Spacer product on the market
to fix the problem of a spacer remaining between an end post and
a structure such as a house etc. It is available for regular galvanized
and color vinyl chain link for 4ft, 5ft and 6ft. fencing for more info
contact by email This problem is all to common,
not only does foundation footings, buried plumbing and electrical lines
prevent the post from being installed closer to the house, the post
would have to be installed to the side of the post
hole in a manner of improper installation at best to close the gap.
If you would like to view pictures of this new Fence End Spacer product
just email us. Thanks Robert

I've had this spacer between my property and my neighbors since about
1986. The white fence is mine surrounding an inground pool (per code),
the chain link is my neighbors.
There was a 6" setback for fencing when my fence was installed, but I
increased it to 8". The chain link fence post is on the property line.
It was installed when my new neighbor got a dog. It is the only fencing
between my property and any neighbors.
Local zoning prohibits fences on separate properties be attached to each
other, hence the 2'x 8" SYP spacer.
http://preview.tinyurl.com/cakylwn

--
Bill