Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Grinding lathe bed.

On Mar 28, 9:48*am, Uffe Bærentsen wrote:
Hi

I'm sure that the ways will look good when you grind like this guy does.
But how about saddle wear? * * * *(don't know how to spell it :-( )
As far as I can see there is no way that you or me can remove saddle
wear grinding a bed like this only add more sway to the bed.

Am I right or wrong on this?

--
Uffe

Sometimes most anything will make things better. Many years ago a
friend and i purchased a worn out small Sears lathe. I used a file
and got it a lot better than it was originally. Not the a good way ,
but it still was a lot better after I was done. If I were doing a
large lathe like the one in the video and the lathe was not very
valuable, I would do my best to get rid of the saddle wear and then
grind the ways as he did.

Dan