Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_4_] John Grossbohlin[_4_] is offline

Default Lap Desk

"Swingman" wrote in message
news
My son Jesse's lap desks. Made entirely from cherry. Note that the
bottom is held by "drawer slips." This so that thin stock could be used
throughout. He makes these for his girlfriends...

Absolutely beautiful ... give my kudos to the young man for his excellent
execution.

Shavings don't fall far from the Master's plane ... or something like that.

I will be sure to pass this along to Jesse... Thanks!

I figured out a long time ago that if I can explain and show my sons the
process that they can do the work. This in turn forced me to think very
clearly about the process and the lessons learned have ended up being the
topics of my lectures at Showcase... an adult audience. It would be fair to
say that my sons have made me a better woodworker...

John