Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
jloomis[_2_] jloomis[_2_] is offline

Default quality a thing of the past?

I agree. And also, the wastefulness of repairing a tool these days.
You almost have to toss it out compared to fixing, or buying a new one.
They are almost as much to fix or repair with parts, as they are to buy a
new one.
That is if you can even get the parts.
Yes, the threads, and pad, and even steel, is of high quality, and the size
works.
john

"woodchucker" wrote in message

I had to wire wheel the brink and cotton down, it was heavily rusted.
I was marveling at how well it cleaned up, then compared it against my
Bessey from a garage sale. The brink and cotton's were my dads. So they
have to be over 50 years old, probably 60-70 years old.

Check out the larger swivelling pad (don't know what it's called).
Heavier threaded rod, and the through rod on the B&C is so well finished
compared to the bessey.

We used to make quality stuff here in the USA..

--
Jeff