Posted to sci.electronics.repair
gareth magennis gareth magennis is offline

Default Yamaha Stagepas 300 failure mode

"Jon Elson" wrote in message

Gareth Magennis wrote:

ffs, something really strange going on with Windows 8 here, every time I
press Return it posts an empty reply.

Cuh

This has been seen on other groups. The suspected mechanism is that
the original post is in MIME-encoded form, and the reply is in
plain text. So, if the replier's mail program just appends plain
text to the MIME-encoded message, some newsreaders will fail to see
that extra text as being significant, as there is no MIME description
of what format it is in. I'm using Knode, and all of your replies
showed up here, with your text in them. If you go back to one of
these "empty" replies and tell your reader to "view source" you will
probably see your message there. Curiously, I did this and the
message is NOT in MIME format, so don't know why it doesn't show
for you.

Jon

Thanks, Jon.

My Windows 8 has been buggy from the start, Live Mail particularly so,
always complaining it can't back up the database because it is in use by
something else (???)

Live Mail is what I use to post on Usenet - I guess its teething problems.

You know the only improvement I can see that Windows 8 has over XP is that
it boots up a lot quicker - seems to keep some kind of "snapshot" on file
somewhere, otherwise it seems to do exactly the same job I ask of it, but
with a whole load of bugs, and I can't find things any more.

Cheers,

Gareth.