Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Shaker style organizer

On 1/23/2013 3:53 PM, Swingman wrote:

I'm thinking about making a Roubo style bookstand for my mother for her
Nook... He'd probably approve and have had a Nook if they existed at the
time. Not so sure about the Shakers... ;~)

As would, one would hope, Gustav Stickley.

One needs to make these things adhere to current technology.

When I made Linda my version of Stickley's #708 Writing Desk, I did
something similar to your Shaker Organizer to take the place of his
letter rack (so it would fit her laptop) that came with Gustav's
original design.

Your work is, as always, beautiful, BTW ... and I like your dovetails
much better than the splines I had to use to get this veritable puzzle
glued up in one go.

I don't think I have seen that desk... ;~)