Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PrecisionmachinisT PrecisionmachinisT is offline

Default Homemade industrial wire stripper

"jon_banquer" wrote in message
On Jan 16, 6:10 am, wrote:
On Tuesday, January 15, 2013 9:14:17 PM UTC-5, Ignoramus31473 wrote:
I would like to make a wire stripper. And by this, I do not mean those

"look, mommy, I made a wire stripper from a knife blade and toy car

wheels".

I mean a powered industrial machine that is

a) Safe in use

b) Can strip significant amount of wire per hour

c) Strips cables up to 1 inch thick.

I can find a gear motor and other equipment without problems, I just

wanted to see if anyone was aware of similar projects that worked out

well.

We all know as soon as you need something, you'll find it for the price of
scrap, then come back with a 'minor gloat'...

Dave

He's a full card carrying member of the cult of Wieber so that's
exactly what we can expect.

====

Copper prices have been on the decline for going on 2 years now and so I'm
in no hurry.

Especially considering that the SEC just very recently approved JP Morgan's
request allowing for ETF's to be backed by actual physical copper, which,
due to the probability of hoarding, may well substantially reduce the amount
of copper available for bonafide manufacturing purposes, despite Wall St
claims to the contrary.