Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Homemade industrial wire stripper

On 1/15/2013 9:14 PM, Ignoramus31473 wrote:
I would like to make a wire stripper. And by this, I do not mean those
"look, mommy, I made a wire stripper from a knife blade and toy car
wheels".

I mean a powered industrial machine that is

a) Safe in use
b) Can strip significant amount of wire per hour
c) Strips cables up to 1 inch thick.

I can find a gear motor and other equipment without problems, I just
wanted to see if anyone was aware of similar projects that worked out
well.

Some machines use 8" knot-type wire wheels counter rotating with one
shaft is spring loaded so the brush faces touch under adjustable
pressure. In addition to removing the insulation they drive the wire to
be striped. Tubes guides the wire into and out of the brushes. The
wire to be striped has an adjustable brake. Wire FLIES through these
machines!