Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus31473 Ignoramus31473 is offline

Default Homemade industrial wire stripper

On 2013-01-16, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 20:14:17 -0600, Ignoramus31473
wrote:

I would like to make a wire stripper. And by this, I do not mean those
"look, mommy, I made a wire stripper from a knife blade and toy car
wheels".

I mean a powered industrial machine that is

a) Safe in use
b) Can strip significant amount of wire per hour
c) Strips cables up to 1 inch thick.

I can find a gear motor and other equipment without problems, I just
wanted to see if anyone was aware of similar projects that worked out
well.

Be aware that body shops are supplying law enforcement (and probably
Feds) with lists of people who bring stripped copper into the scrap
metal yard in many communities these years. That may bring more local
governmental scrutiny than you want, Ig, despite the fact that your
shop is working entirely legally.

I have no problem with that, all I buy is legit.