Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Kevin Miller[_2_] Kevin Miller[_2_] is offline

Default Alder Salad Bowl

On 12/22/2012 08:12 AM, jloomis wrote:
enjoyed the viewing of your bowls.
sent the pictures to my friend who is taking up lathe work.

Thanks. Tell your buddy to look up a local chapter of the AAW
(http://www.woodturner.org/) if he hasn't already. It's amazing how
many turners out there never really learned to turn properly and spend
way too much effort getting poor results. (I'm speaking of technique,
not necessarily the end result. With persistence and sandpaper poor
technique can be over come.) So much more fun to get a clean cut right
off the bat though and just have minimal sanding. If he can get to know
some of the good turners in a club I'd bet they'd be happy to give him
some pointers.

By the way, I "stole" your photo of all the driftwood on the beach and
made it my background on my computer at work. Hope you don't mind - it's
just such a great shot...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller - http://www.alaska.net/~atftb