Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default uPVC beads with end square end and one mitred end

Jim K wrote:

he's trying to get them IN you tit

That is true. Tomorrow as it turns out.

I removed 2 old windows, the roofers removed the other 2. They have done
little lead cill trays for all 4 and I have mounted the frames - by which
time it was 4pm. Luckily I had the foresight to buy a big sheet of 150
micron sheeting just for the occasion of covering unglazed windows

Typically, as these things go, I enquired of the roofers how they would like
the frames mounted (positioning forward/backwards). They said "frames
18-24mm pround of the outside edge of the timber framed wall would be good,
so the verge between the vertical tiles and the frame in minimised".

This led to my pre-drilled holes and thus screws being within 10-15mm of the
outside edge of the timbers. I am not 100% happy about that - bit close IMO,
so I will add another 4 screws per window (2 each side) set and angled back
to get a better bearing, because I am Mr Over-Engineering.

Could do with a little extra stiffness anyway (pre foaming, which will help
more) as I have been "forbidden" from sticking screws down through the lead
under-cill tray. This is not unreasonable as there was some rot there due to
the previous tray not being done properly. Only 1.2m wide frames and they
are full of steel so should be OK.

Anyway, should be able to wrap this up tomorrow. 12 DG panels to glaze in.

I did ring windowsanddoors.co.uk about the beading design, but they were a
bit unhelpful. Trial and error I suppose.

--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."