Posted to uk.d-i-y
Man at B&Q Man at B&Q is offline

Default uPVC beads with end square end and one mitred end

On Dec 4, 10:46*pm, Tim Watts wrote:
Hmm - slightly confused...

Last windows I fitted had all mitred beading - the only trick was to get top
+ bottom in first, then the sides.

New windows, every bead is mitred at one end and square cut at the other.

Putting them in looks a bit like the problem where you fold the 4 flaps on a
the top of a box so they are all interlocked. In other words, every bead has
a neighbour under it whilst itself tucks under the other neighbour.

Anyone done beads like this - is there a trick?

Cheers,
Tim

Fit the shortest (rather than top/bottom) first, then spring the
longer pieces in by bending. I usually find reading the instructions
that come with the windows helps as well.

MBQ