Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Dave[_52_] Dave[_52_] is offline

Default OT -- deer hunting success -- He shoots! He scores!

On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 23:06:34 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
Yes I understand what you are saying but keep in mind, and I have
watched this in undercover journalist stories on TV, slaughter houses
often present the same end of life experience for the cattle as the
poorly placed bullet does for the deer.

Really? I'm aware that the life of an animal bred for consumption can
be a horrendous one, but I've never heard of them being killed slowly
or painfully.

I could well be wrong, but to me that doesn't make sense. If anything
the wholesale killing and marketing of animals is deadly efficient.
Anything less is unprofitable. An animal thrashing around and taking
time to die in an abattoir *is* unprofitable.

Maybe, I'm naive in believing that inspections and public knowledge
keep the larger meat processing corporations generally in line. That
much I'm willing to admit, but I personally haven't viewed any of
those undercover journalist stories that you're referring to.