Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default OT -- deer hunting success -- He shoots! He scores!

On 11/27/2012 4:20 PM, Dave wrote:
On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 09:33:34 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
So Dave, what opinion do you have of the people that work in and like
the cattle industry or the butchers that like their jobs?
What does it really matter whether you enjoy getting you meat this way
or that way, an animal dies either way.

It appears my opinion on hunting has been misunderstood, probably
because I didn't explain it properly.

I'm not a vegan and I'm not against the consumption of meat. I eat it
regularly. Meat for the most part is a large part of our North
American diet. I understand that and don't have much of a problem with
it.

I'm down on the hunting part of it because the killing is frequently a
long drawn out process. When an animal is killed in an abattoir, it's
usually done quickly and is over. The animal is dead.

The same can't be said about hunting. Often an animal is shot and it
continues to run for some time. Injured, in great pain, completely
terrorized without any understanding of what's going in, it attempts
to survive. If the animal is lucky, the hunter tracks it down quickly
and puts it out of it's misery. Many times, the injured animal is not
so lucky and the hunter doesn't find it to kill it. So, the animal
gets away to bleed to death or something else.

Personally, I can't imagine the horror an animal must feel under those
circumstances. That's what I'm railing against. If an animal was
*always* killed quickly and cleanly every time, then I wouldn't have
much to say. But, it frequently doesn't happen that way.

Now, do you understand what I'm saying?

Yes I understand what you are saying but keep in mind, and I have
watched this in undercover journalist stories on TV, slaughter houses
often present the same end of life experience for the cattle as the
poorly placed bullet does for the deer.