Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Dave[_52_] Dave[_52_] is offline

Default OT -- deer hunting success -- He shoots! He scores!

On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 15:09:20 -0500, "Mike Marlow"
I guess - if you're focused on the killing aspect of it. But then, you
should feel the same aversion when it comes to beef, turkey, chicken, pork,
etc. They all had to be killed for you and I to enjoy them. In a
considerably less noble manner I might suggest.

And I would also suggest that the killing of animals for the
commercial market is done in a faster, more efficient manner. I have
to wonder how many hunters kill their prey on the first shot? How much
terror and pain do many gun killed animals go through before they're
actually killed? How many animals escape, critically injured, go off
to die on their own in agony? That's part and parcel of hunting too.
Guess you approve of that, eh Mike?

And for the rest of you, this has nothing to do with culling herds,
getting rid of pests or other bothersome animals. Those are all valid
reasons in my book for killing animals. Hunting for sport or pleasure
is not. And, bragging about it is nearly as bad.

The truth is, that I'm not really so down on hunting. It's the
bragging and professing one's self as a great animal killer that sets
me off. I'd rather that one just did it if they chose to and then went
about their business.