Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Anybody recommend a good camera that I can use with Win98?

Robert Macy wrote in message
Like the subject, anybody know a good camera that I can use with
Win98?

I've been using the Motorola RAZR phone which has terrible images,
requires WinXP [ptui, ptui, cusre be gone!]

Is alright to get by, but images are like 60k and more of a thumbnail
image than a real image.

I just bought a Vivitar 16MPixel ViviCam S524, which listed the system
requirements on the back of the envelope. They left out that you MUST
have internet connection to download a huge bulky bloated program,
Plus, and this is far more important, model is NOT listed in included
CD, call to Customer Service informs that software not available yet,
wait 2 weeks and come back to their website ??!!!

So, what I need is a camera with decent image capability, that I can
download images through the USB port, and be done with it. I don't
want to connect to their websites, I don't want to download a program
that will take 24 hours to download via dial-up, I just want a !@#$!#
$@%^^ camera!

I use a Novatech 4Meg via USB and win98SE using its Windows Explorer , no
trouble,
compared with all the impossible proprietary crap that came with the camera