Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Anybody recommend a good camera that I can use with Win98?

Robert Macy wrote:

Like the subject, anybody know a good camera that I can use with
Win98?

I've been using the Motorola RAZR phone which has terrible images,
requires WinXP [ptui, ptui, cusre be gone!]

Is alright to get by, but images are like 60k and more of a thumbnail
image than a real image.

I just bought a Vivitar 16MPixel ViviCam S524, which listed the system
requirements on the back of the envelope. They left out that you MUST
have internet connection to download a huge bulky bloated program,
Plus, and this is far more important, model is NOT listed in included
CD, call to Customer Service informs that software not available yet,
wait 2 weeks and come back to their website ??!!!

So, what I need is a camera with decent image capability, that I can
download images through the USB port, and be done with it. I don't
want to connect to their websites, I don't want to download a program
that will take 24 hours to download via dial-up, I just want a !@#$!#
$@%^^ camera!

Can't you just access the photos by treating the camera as a USB
Memory stick? I do that with my Fuji Finepix S5200, and I've done it
with several other digital cameras. On some cameras the photos are
three to five folders deep, but they can be viewed, copied or erased. I
power up the camera, inset the USB cable and wait for the computer to
recognize the device. Then I drill down to what I want.