Posted to sci.electronics.repair
legg legg is offline

Default Best Image Markup Software for PCBs?

On Sat, 24 Nov 2012 06:36:35 +1100, Franc Zabkar
wrote:

On Fri, 23 Nov 2012 10:07:56 -0800 (PST), KenO
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Am looking for Image Markup Software that would be used to identify parts of circuit boards to minimize any possible confusion.

I'm still using PaintShop Pro 5.0 which is about as old as Windows 95.
I'm running Win98SE, though.

- Franc Zabkar

'Paint' (mspaint.exe) still works for me in most MS OS's.
It will open and edit JPGs, but some revs have limited save formats.

Simple line drawings from the board art are usually better base
material for circuit boart component illustration, than are
photographic images.

Rendered in any format and displayed by any software, they can usually
be generated by 'printscreen' utilities that are the epitomy of
WYSIWYG documentation art.

RL