Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Best Image Markup Software for PCBs?

On Fri, 23 Nov 2012 13:17:03 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

KenO wrote:
Am looking for Image Markup Software that would be used to identify
parts of circuit boards to minimize any possible confusion.

I've use Paint, which is part of Windows. I've also used GIMP which
runs under Linux or Windows. Irfanview may do it as well. Just about
any graphics manipulation program will let you do it.

Agreed on all three programs. For tweaking photos, I use Irfanview.
Hit "F12" for the drawing tools. Locating and sizing text is a bit
tricky, but not impossible. GIMP works and looks better, but is more
complexicated. Windoze Paint is quick and easy when I'm in a hurry.

Example of added text and arrows using Irfanview:
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/pics/repair/slides/Behringer-PMH518M-PS.html

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D