Old November 15th 12, 04:43 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default DIY Apps - Are they any good?

On 15/11/2012 16:07, fred wrote:
On Wednesday, November 14, 2012 4:47:18 PM UTC, polygonum wrote:

Can't help thinking that with appropriate Bluetooth devices these
phones could be harnessed to do all sorts of things. And certainly
that seems to be happening in the medical world with some blood
testing devices at least in development.

If you have a suitable phone set it up as a hot spot and log on via
that

Sorry, fred, but I really don't understand what you are saying there.

I was pointing out that there is a device in development which connects
to a smart phone and exploits its processing capacity, etc. to perform a
number of tests on a blood sample.

My phone (in common with many others) is able to act as a mobile
wireless hotspot.

Yes - the remote device could use wifi - but the ultra low power
Bluetooth 4 has several advantages.

--
Rod