Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Keeping Siberian homes from freezing

"Stormin Mormon" wrote:
The article says the only way to regulate the indoor temp is by opening
windows. To my way of thinking, if they covered parts of the radiators, it
would reduce the heat input into the room. The heat would go back to the
plant, and reduce the fuel consumption. Uncover as more heat is needed.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

Whenever I wonder about how to cope with problems due to very cold
weather, I always look at what the Russians in Siberia do to cope. ^_^

http://rbth.ru/articles/2012/01/04/s...now_14073.html

http://tinyurl.com/c7lebrh

TDD

Please explain the physics behind the heat returning to the plant if the
radiator is partially covered.

First tell us what kind of radiators they have and how you would cover them
to accomplish your goal.