Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fence facing etiquette

On Fri, 19 Oct 2012 12:34:29 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 19 Oct 2012 07:17:57 -0600, "WW"
wrote:

"Don Wiss" wrote in message
. ..

When I was young I learned that fence facing etiquette is to have the
pretty side of the fence facing outward towards your neighbors. My
questions:

(1) Is this a law in places?
(2) Is this the same etiquette in the UK?

Don.
www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).

To avoid any problems with code or neighbor, make both sides pretty. that is
what I would do. WW

Putting the pretty side to the neighour's side requires working
access on the neighbour's side. And if the neighbour also puts up a
fence, pretty side to pretty side, everyone has an ugly fence., and
the second fence is going to be a real hassle to build in place.

Two fences, face to face, is kinda silly, no?

Some pretty petty laws, as far as I'm concerned.

No, it's really just common sense.