Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Fence facing etiquette

On 10/19/2012 9:57 AM, Robert Macy wrote:
On Oct 19, 5:13 am, Norminn wrote:
On 10/19/2012 6:12 AM, Don Wiss wrote:

When I was young I learned that fence facing etiquette is to have the
pretty side of the fence facing outward towards your neighbors. My
questions:

(1) Is this a law in places?
(2) Is this the same etiquette in the UK?

Don.www.donwiss.com(e-mail link at home page bottom).

I saw it in building code (Florida or doing a Google?) as you state.
Just bought a house with fences situated that way, about 3" inside
property line according to survey. I've never given it much thought,
but looking at a home from off the property it might look rather odd to
see the back side of fence.

Amazing that code forces your neighbor to provide 'access' in order to
properly put in that fence. Else the neighbor gets the 'ugly' side.

Give access? Don't know what you mean. Same principle I believe as not
being able to remove all branches of trees at the property
line....intentionally spiteful giving of the ugly treatment to neighbors )