Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
jtpryan jtpryan is offline

Default Why can't I get the "wobble" out.

For some reason I always seem to have a very slight wobble in my work. For example, I have just started turning a pepper grinder. So, I turned a tenon on one end and put it in my chuck. I bring up the tail stock to keep nice even pressure on the piece while I tighten the jaws. Now I turn down the blank to where it it is a cylinder and should be true. But even with the tail stock in I experience this very slight wobble. I mean if I bring the tool rest up and take a tool, say a skew, and bring it closer to the piece it will start hitting it unevenly, sort of a tick, tick, etc. And no matter what I take off it still does this. Could I have an issue with my lathe? It's a Jet 1014.

_jim