Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable) Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable) is offline

Default Need to open a DIEBOLD SAFE

On Sun, 07 Oct 2012 17:31:22 -0500, Ignoramus25258
wrote:

I go to auctions and I often see safes without keys. They have next to
no scrap value, due to concrete between the walls.

Therefore, they usually are free or almost free to take.

I may just buy a couple and try to open them and perhaps shoot a
couple of videos on "how to open a safe with a torch".

Iggy, I strongly suggest you resist the urge. Unless you want a
creative prosecutor to find your training video on the would-be Safe
Cracker's computer and charge you as an Accessory...

Just because you CAN do something does not mean you SHOULD.

Commercial Burglary Resistant Safes are rated at how long it takes the
average crook without insider knowledge to get into them - and the
longer they fumble around with it, the greater chances they get caught
in the act.

You 'blow the curve' by teaching the crooks how to do it, and the FBI
isn't going to be happy with you.

-- Bruce --