Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,24hoursupport.helpdesk,uk.telecom.mobile,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair
Steve Terry Steve Terry is offline

Default Using mobile phone as an internet radio

T wrote:
In article ,
says...

On 2012-10-02, jim stone wrote:
Not being able to find a small internet radio to buy we liked, we
got mobile phone with which we link with wi-fi to a modem router,
and use it as an internet radio.

Keeping the phoned plugged into its charger all the time, we are
using it to play *all-day* background classical music through an
amplifier and speakers.

Since the phone has no 'moving parts' unlike a computer, we are
wondering if this continuous playing all day of the phone is going
to shorten its working life ?

It may be bad for the battery

My favorite apps on my phone:

TuneIn, Pandora, ScannerRadioPro, EchoLink and RepeaterBook.

And that's kind of why I got the extended battery pack for the phone.

Another you might like:
Solent radio on the net
http://www.ship-tracking.co.uk/Radio/radiopage.html

Steve Terry
--
Get a free GiffGaff PAYG Sim and £5 bonus after activation at:
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/gfourwwk